- 2013 (24)
- May 2013 (6)
- Quick Tip: Performing a PPC Check-Up
- DaBrian Marketing Group, LLC Chosen by EnerSys® for ODYSSEY® Battery Internet Marketing Project
- Project Management Best Practices—Now With Alliteration!
- Event: Lehigh Valley Marketing Meet-Up / Happy Hour
- Mad Men's Don Draper on Digital Advertising
- See "Green" with Google Analytics
- April 2013 (5)
- March 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (5)
- January 2013 (4)
- May 2013 (6)
- 2012 (56)
- December 2012 (4)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (5)
- September 2012 (7)
- Video: Saving Time in Google Analytics
- Rebranding of adCenter & Search Alliance
- Tips to Move Towards Big Data & Enterprise Solutions Part 2
- HootSuite Tutorial Video
- Tips to Move Toward Big Data & Enterprise Solutions Part 1
- Top 5 Ways to Drive Sales Using Social Media
- DaBrian Marketing Group Confirmed as HootSuite Pro Solution Partner
- August 2012 (5)
- July 2012 (3)
- June 2012 (4)
- May 2012 (5)
- Want to Improve Your Advertising? Align Your Measurement Strategy With the Right KPIs
- Picture This—An Infographic’s Role in Content Marketing
- PPC Advertising Battle: AdWords Vs adCenter
- A/B Testing (Split Testing) to Convert More Online Customers
- Looking For Better Insights On Members? Get The Big Picture!
- April 2012 (5)
- March 2012 (4)
- February 2012 (5)
- January 2012 (5)
- 2011 (53)
- December 2011 (3)
- November 2011 (7)
- Event Tracking to Reduce Bounce Rate Due to Affiliate Sites
- 5 Reasons to Use a CMS-Based Website
- Privacy Protection on Search Engines & Social Media vs. Value of Data
- Top Tips to Stay Relevant to Google Quality Raters & New Google Algorithm November 2011
- Managing PPC on Microsoft adCenter
- Philadelphia Web Analytics Symposium November 2 & Future of the Mobile Web
- Impact of Google Analytics Premium on Web Analytics & Consultants
- October 2011 (6)
- September 2011 (5)
- August 2011 (5)
- July 2011 (4)
- June 2011 (5)
- Has Your Company Forgotten the Web Analytics Data Capturing Basics?
- Google's New Cost Per Lead Format
- Web Analytics: Usage Analysis Leads to Improved Customer Relations
- PPC Advertising > Keywords + Ad Copy; Don’t Forget about the Landing Pages
- 6 Tips to Consider Before Implementing Your Email Marketing Strategy
- May 2011 (4)
- April 2011 (3)
- March 2011 (4)
- February 2011 (3)
- January 2011 (4)
- 2010 (20)
- 2009 (22)
For search engine marketers, it can be frustrating when you’re faced with underperforming Pay per Click Campaigns. When low Impressions, not enough Clicks, terrible Click-through Rates (CTR), and little or no Conversions plague your campaigns, it’s easy to find yourself scrambling to come up with a solution. The fact is, all of these issues are quite common when it comes to PPC. As with any problem, it’s often best to find the source to craft the best solution. Taking poorly-planned approaches (or panicking) can cost your business time and money in the future.
Here is a basic breakdown of some of these common Pay per Click problems, their origins, and the most effective remedies.
- Not Enough Impressions
- Too Few Clicks (and Low CTR)
- Lack of Conversions
First, research your keywords and make sure that people are searching for them. Next, check your average position and lost impressions share. These figures will tell you if you need to increase your budget, bid, or both.
Start with checking your average position. The top 3 spots get the best CTR. Also, test alternative ad copy to determine whether it’s something that entices people to read more about what you are advertising. A well-written ad in a high position will generate the most clicks.
If you have 0 Conversions due to lack of tracking, then shame on you. However, if you are tracking and still are not achieving conversions, then look into your landing pages. Is the next step in your conversion process clearly stated? Just adding a simple, yet concise call to action on a Landing Page (like “contact us today”) can boost conversions overnight.
There you have it; 3 common PPC issues with quick and simple ways to begin getting better campaign performance. Just remember that while it is easy to identify a problem (e.g. low clicks) and assume a suitable remedy (e.g. new ad copy), PPC must be viewed as an ongoing process. Your keywords, ad copy, and landing pages need to be in sync with each other to create the best overall user experience.
What PPC issues have you experienced, and what steps did you take to resolve them? Share your story in the comments below!
ODYSSEY® battery, a premium brand of battery manufactured by EnerSys®, has selected local digital agency DaBrian Marketing Group, LLC to manage its most recent internet marketing campaign.
ODYSSEY® batteries can be used for a variety of applications, from powersports to commercial fleets and more. ODYSSEY® batteries are manufactured to outperform competitors, even in the most extreme power applications. Thanks to their 99.99% pure lead plate construction and unparalleled build quality, ODYSSEY® batteries deliver the perfect combination of power and performance.
“Our initial conversation with the ODYSSEY® battery team was primarily for social media marketing, but after further review, we were able to offer ODYSSEY® battery a creative digital solution to effectively handle several of their marketing challenges,” said Daniel Laws, President & CEO of DaBrian Marketing Group. “We’re excited to see the impact that we can collectively bring to the brand.”
DaBrian Marketing Group, LLC (DMG) has been tasked with developing and managing ODYSSEY® battery’s social media marketing strategy and implementation as well as providing consultation and custom solutions during a major conversion period for the brand. DMG will apply the industry’s best practices, provide actionable recommendations, and accurately measure every marketing initiative with analytics data. Through this engagement, ODYSSEY® battery will amplify its digital reach and visibility.
“We are very excited to be partnering with DaBrian Marketing Group,” said Maria Orlando-Krick, marketing manager for specialty markets. “Our ODYSSEY® battery line targets the aftermarket industry and in order to stay engaged with our consumers, our social media presence needs to be strong and engaging. I am confident that DaBrian Marketing Group will be able to get us to that next level.”
About DaBrian Marketing Group, LLC
Since 2008, DaBrian Marketing Group, LLC has been a digital agency focused on providing marketing solutions to businesses that want to obtain digital awareness, cultivate meaningful customer relationships, and develop innovative strategies. DMG’s services include email marketing, search engine optimization, website design, web analytics, social media marketing and more. Company headquarters are centrally located at 500 Penn Street, Suite 201, Reading, Pennsylvania 19602. For more information about DMG, visit www.dabrianmarketing.com or call 610-743-5602.
EnerSys, the world leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications, manufactures, distributes and services reserve power, motive power and starting, lighting and ignition (SLI) batteries, chargers, power equipment, and battery accessories to customers worldwide. SLI batteries are used for trucks and buses, passenger cars, boats, personal watercraft, ATVs, motorcycles and garden tractors. The company also provides aftermarket and customer support services to its customers from more than 100 countries through its sales and manufacturing locations around the world. For more information about EnerSys and its ODYSSEY® batteries, visit www.enersys.com or www.odysseybattery.com.
About DaBrian Marketing Group
DaBrian Marketing Group is a search engine marketing and web analytics services firm. We deliver business solutions to companies and grow our clients business through our Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Bid Management (PPC), Social Media Marketing, and Web Analytics Management programs.
Get In Touch!
500 Penn Street, Suite 201 Reading PA 19602
Telephone: 610-743-5602 Fax: 1-888-865-2104
Or Email Us!
Subscribe to our RSS Feed!
Circle DMG on Google+!
DMG Twitter FeedFollow @dabrianmarket
DMG Featured Video
Check out our latest YouTube video!